Chinese smartphone manufacturer OPPO officially confirmed that its Android-based ColorOS mobile operating system currently has 370 million monthly active users worldwide.
Almost all of OPPO’s smartphones come with ColorOS, which is a custom appearance layer on top of the Google Android operating system. The system has been translated into more than 72 languages and is being promoted and used in more than 140 countries around the world.
At the same time, OPPO also revealed the timetable, showing the main development of ColorOS over the years.
- April 2013 — First version of ColorOS released on the internal testing forum.
- May 2013 — Official ColorOS Weibo launched
- March 2014 — ColorOS 2.0 officially began public testing.
- March 2015 — ColorOS users exceeded 30 million.
- March 2016 — ColorOS 3.0 released
- March 2018 — ColorOS 5.0 officially released overseas.
- December 2018 — Breeno smart assistant launched.
- March 2019 — ColorOS 6 released.
- September 2020 — ColorOS 11 was released.
Recently, the company jumped from ColorOS 7 to ColorOS 11 based on Android 11, which surprised everyone.
The company said that the new trademark will help customers easily identify which version of Android their phones are running.
As OPPO revealed when the new operating system was released, OPPO Find X2 and Find X2 Pro smartphones have now begun to receive ColorOS 11 updates, and it is expected that more devices will begin to receive updates soon.